Monday, March 5, 2012

Everybody Loves the Sound of a Train in the Distance

I am a moody guy.

Lately I have found myself in a slight more serious one.

You may notice it took me a while to write a new post, as my last two were about the current difficulties in inventing the wheel (we gave up and invented the boat), and the breakout of something called the bubonic plague, and the funny red "X" on my door.  Vandals.  Anyway, I've attempted and saved drafts of a few blog entries lately, but they've all been about random reflective thoughts I've been having.  Seeing as you aren't paying me, I figured something along the lines of: Who wants to read that stuff?

(Why use Photoshop when you can not?)

The band has got a few surprises in store for you in the coming weeks.  Not only is our single, "Be Here," very near completion (I know, I've been telling you that since we were paired up on the Ark), but we've also  been messing with a few new tunes.  You're in for a treat.  If you sit.  Okay, now roll over.

I'd also like to say thanks for helping give this blog a good, strong start.  It turns out that when you start a blog, you become obsessed with how many views you've gotten, and where they are from.  Also, can anyone perform an exorcism?  Ever since I signed up for blogspot, I can't keep pea soup down.

A bit of band news:  Our singer, Matthew Hashimoto, will be performing at the Amateur Night At The Apollo, on March 14th starting at 7:30pm.  On top of that, he'll be trying out for a chance to be on The Voice.  We hope that he'll be picked up by Cee Lo (he looks to be the strongest of the bunch, and Matt is dense), and that it will help propel us into Pop stardom.

Also, check us out at our gig tonight (Monday, March 5th) at Spike Hill in Brooklyn.  Playing before us at 8pm will be Zach Mayer (www.reverbnation.com/zachmayermusic)  followed by us, The Kind, at 9pm.  Then, see our Rock duo, Dead Flamenco, play at 11pm!

I'd like to leave you with something, and leave you I must.  Enjoy.


P.S.  Post title compliments of the intensely poetic Paul Simon.

<3,
The Kind

No comments:

Post a Comment