Friday, March 23, 2012

You Say You've Seen Seven Wonders

Hey, Stranger.

Let's just get this out of the way right at the start:


In summary:  Yes, it's been a minute.

Some of you have asked me when I would write another blog entry.  Some of you have driven back and forth by my apartment thinking I wouldn't recognize your car (I'm talking to you, green unicycle).  Some of you have even complained, and sent your mother to throw me down the stairs.

After a bottle and a half of advil and my moving to the 1st floor, I can happily say I'm back, even if it is with a hobble.

How've you been?  Your shirt really accents your shapely face.

I've been zesty.

It's fortunate that my sleep schedule went on vacation.  I wouldn't be able to write this blog right now with it constantly looking over my shoulder and nagging me to come to bed.  The other night I stayed up far too late and slept right through the French Renaissance.

Let's talk about The Kind.  We just played a show on Tuesday (3/20) at The Village Lantern, and have one coming up on April 2nd at 9pm at Spike Hill in Brooklyn!  For those of you that made it out to The Lantern, you'll notice the warmer weather has made it possible for the manager (Same name as me (Derek) with extra letters (Derrick)) to keep the huge front doors open, allowing us to play to the springtime, too.  We're told we are getting another residency there come May, so be prepared to dance like you've potentially danced before (that way you won't embarrass yourself by trying new things).

Our singer, Matthew Hashimoto, who wowed the audience at The Apollo when he lifted his glasses and sang at someone, ended up winning 2nd place on Amateur Night!


Because of this, he's been asked, in a kindly manner, to return and sing again for a second round.  This second round will be on Wednesday, April 4th!  You should all come out and potentially injure your vocal chords with us by screaming in support of Matthew and his glasses.

(A Kindly Manor)

We're also doing a lot of writing right now!  We've been fortunate enough recently to be playing mostly originals for you, our loving audience, and because of all this positive reinforcement (one bell means dinner?), we've been writing a ton and will have more originals for you before you can say, "Brisk brave brigadiers brandished broad bright blades, blunderbusses, and bludgeons -- Balancing them badly," several times in a row with any sort of proficiency.

So, on that note, I will say good evening.  We here at The Kind care for you deeply, and would love to see you go on to do great things, which includes coming to all of our shows and throwing any panties you can find at us.

And your bird is green,
The Kind


No comments:

Post a Comment